Homework Lab and Afternoon Enrichment
For students in grades 3 - 5, a proctor will be on hand to supervise students as they complete their homework. Additional enrichment activities will be available for students to participate in after they finish their homework and required independent reading time. These activities will include: academic and physical games, puzzles, and challenges.
Extended Day—Full Day Programming
Full day programming for students in grades 3 - 5 will be held in Room 112 at the City Campus between 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Families MUST register in advance.
A relaxed, fun, and challenging day will be planned with ample opportunity for free play. There will also be themed, organized activities. Please have your child dressed appropriately for outside play (no uniform required). A morning and afternoon snack will be provided, but children must bring a bag lunch and a drink.
There will be no regular bus and van transportation on full day program days.
Full day enrichment programs will be offered on the following dates:
- Friday, October 20, 2017 – Full Day Conference Day (8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. - Both Campuses)
- Monday, November 27, 2017 – Full Day In Service Day (8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. - City Campus ONLY)
- Winter Break StayCation - Tuesday, January 2 through Friday, January 5, 2018 -- (8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. full week - City Campus ONLY - Van transportation will be available between campuses)
- Friday, March 2, 2018 Full Day Conference Day (8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. - Both Campuses)
- Spring Break StayCation March 19 through March 23, 2018 (8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. full week - City Campus ONLY - Van transportation will be available between campuses)
- Gateway to Summer Gap Week June 4 through June 8, 2018 (8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. - City Campus ONLY)
The full day programs are open to all students in Pre-K - grade 5 and the price per day is $65. Families must register for these programs in advance. Full day enrichment programs are very similar to a "camp experience" and include special field trips, featured guests, and hands-on projects.
For questions about Extended Day programming, please call Dionne Brelsford, Director of Programs, at 412-578-7533.