Extended Day and Homework Lab
Extended Day Programming is designed to be a convenient and helpful service to families and to provide a warm and nurturing environment for young children.
The program begins the first day of school and is in operation on all regularly scheduled school days.
Changes for the 2020-2021 School Year
Extended Day and Homework Lab for students in grades Pre-K – 5 will look a bit different due to health and safety guidelines.
- These programs will take place in the student classrooms and will allow for after school outdoor recreation time for small groups and indoor activities.
- Students will not mix with students from other grades or grade-level cohorts.
- In order to staff these programs appropriately and safely, all families must register and pay for Extended Day and Homework Lab Programming in advance each month and must commit to specific days of the week.
Extended Day – Morning:
Operates from 7:30 - 8:00 a.m. and is provided as a free service for parents who must drop off their children before the start of the regular school day.
Extended Day – After School:
The afternoon program operates from 3:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Pre-K – 2:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
Pricing is as follows:
- Dismissal at 4:30 p.m. is $14 per day
- Dismissal at 6:00 p.m. is $22 per day
Homework Lab – After School:
For WT students in grades 3 - 5, a proctor will be on hand to supervise students as they complete their homework. Additional enrichment activities will be available for students to participate in after they finish their homework and required independent reading time. These activities will include: academic and physical games, puzzles, and challenges.
Homework Lab is billed to the student eBill account based on attendance each month.
- The cost is $22 per day for this 3:15 – 6:00 p.m. program.
Students who register for and attend a WTAfter3 Enrichment Program after school can take advantage of the Extended Day Care before or after their themed programs at no additional cost.
Parents are billed $10 for every five minutes after 6:00 p.m.
For questions about Extended Day programming, please contact Dionne Brelsford, Director of Programs, at 412-578-7533.