Fall/Winter Session Dates:
November 5, 2017 – January 28, 2018
(Session Dates: November 5, 12, and 19; December 3, 10, and 17; January 7, 14, 21, and 28)
Sundays 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Students age 15 ½+ can take advantage of the convenience of this Driver’s Ed Program at WT’s City Campus. Whether in the classroom or on the road, young drivers will benefit from thorough training. And parents may even enjoy a discount on insurance as a result—an amazing return on your investment!
Here is what we will cover in the classroom theory portion of your training:
- Passive restraint systems, air bags and anti-lock braking systems
- Occupant Kinematics (the science of crash testing) & Reaction distance, braking distance, and total stopping distance
- Effects of natural forces on a car in motion, including centripetal force, centrifugal force, and friction
- Study of the Implied Consent Laws, Driving Under the Influence (DUI) penalties, Blood Alcohol Content, etc.
- “Driver’s License Compact” (DLC)-used to exchange information concerning license suspensions and traffic violations of non-residents and forward them to the state where they are licensed
- Highway signage, road signs, pavement markings etc.
- Interpretation and application, Construction zones
- The Pennsylvania point system, point distribution and removal
- Graduated licensing and pedestrian safety, such as the right-of-way of pedestrians in crosswalks
- Discussion of taking the permit test and road test
- Introduction of “House Bill 10” in Pennsylvania and what it means to teen population in Pennsylvania
Program Option I: 30-Hour Theory Course $210.00
Program Option II: Theory and Behind-the-Wheel Combo Course (four 90-minute lessons scheduled at student convenience) $570.00
Registration Deadline: October 27, 2017
Questions? Please contact Dionne Brelsford at 412-578-7533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.