Commitment to Student-Centered Learning
WT is expanding and deepening student-centered learning experiences as it phases out its participation in the College Board's Advanced Placement (AP) Program.
Following are some of the frequently asked questions regarding this decision.
Contact the Admission Team to learn more about WT's rigorous, innovative coursework anchored in real-world connections.
- What inspired WT to reconsider Advanced Placement (AP) courses?
- What is the rationale for eliminating the AP designation?
- How will WT's course offerings be unique?
- How will WT define rigor and make decisions regarding course offerings?
- How will this affect the college admissions process for WT students?
- How will WT inform colleges about the changes in our program?
- Will students lose the opportunity to receive college credit by not taking AP courses?
- Will WT students still be able to take AP exams?
- What other schools have phased out AP course offerings?
- What is the timeline for these changes?