WT Summer Camp Rocks!
Our 2019 season features more than 80 new, unique, and captivating themes linked to art, athletics, academics, and adventure. Campers age 3 – grade 12 can choose from an array of options in adventure and play, sports and physical fitness, creative and visual arts, and academics. All programs are designed and taught by WT’s faculty and education partners.
All campers are welcome! In 2018, we hosted happy campers from more than 100 different schools, six different states, and seven different countries. Don’t miss out on this chance for your camper to take up a new hobby, to try a new sport, to make friends, and to create fun memories!
Summer Camp Catalogs
Lower School North Campus Camps
- For campers age 3 - grade 5
- Half- and full-day programs
- Options for:
- transportation between the City and Lower School North Campuses
- before and after camp care
City Campus Camps
For campers in grades 6 - 12
Our dynamic learning environment challenges and guides campers to become confident and creative thinkers who are excited about learning and achievement. At our City Campus, we offer unique courses, experiences, and programs for students entering grades 6-12. Options range from sports and conditioning to music, from visual art to robotics, from extreme adventure to mathematics, and so much more. WT’s innovative faculty members develop and teach many of these outstanding academic and enrichment programs. In addition, well-known organizations and program partners in and around the Pittsburgh community create camp programs, giving young adults a chance to learn from the experts. Our camp experiences and courses are designed to promote learning, growth, adventure, and FUN!
Please refer to our program descriptions for more information.
- Half- and full-day programs are available.
- Roundtrip transportation provided from WT’s North Campus each day.
- Fees vary by camp experience and course format.
- Campers have the choice of bringing a packed lunch or money for lunch at local restaurants.
- Snacks are provided during the camp experience.
- Early bird and late pick-up options are available. (7:30 - 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.)
New Program Themes for 2019 Include:
- Outdoor Adventure Multi-Sport Adventures with L.L. Bean Outdoor Discovery Schools
- Summer Olympians: Half-Blood vs. Jupiter Percy Jackson Adventure
- WT Cake Boss Challenge/Sweet Retreat
- Extreme Drawing – Mark & Movement Studio
- The Bard and Broadway Performing Arts Workshop
- Budding Entrepreneurs with SPARK Business Academy
- Mural Painting Studio: Text-as-Image
- WT Cirque du Summer
- Sports Management with SPARK Business Academy
- Girls eS.T.E.A.M. Workshop
- Explore: Chinese Language and Culture
- Advanced Clay Studio: Asian Influences
- Patrol ALT Retreat: An Outdoor Experience and Conservation Craze with Allegheny Land Trust
- Bulls & Bears with SPARK Business Academy
- Blacksmithing Workshop/Studio
- Game On! Coding & Arcade Game Design Lab
Summer has never looked better at Winchester Thurston School!
We look forward to spending time learning, growing, and exploring with your family!
Questions? Want a printed catalog mailed to your home? Contact: Dionne Brelsford, Director of Programs, at email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: All summer camp offerings are subject to minimum and maximum enrollment. In the event of cancellation, Winchester Thurston will attempt to notify families in advance and refund the entire course fee. If a camper must cancel and cancellation is received 21 days prior to the class start date, you will receive a full refund (less a $20 non-refundable season registration fee). If cancellation is received less than 21 days, but at least seven days prior to the camp start date, you will receive a 50% refund of the camp cost. There is no refund for cancellations received less than seven days before the camp start date.