What is leadership? What are the responsibilities of a good leader? How do you become a leader?
The Leadership Academy at WT is a comprehensive approach to developing skills built upon the philosophy that leadership begins with character.
Leadership Academy combines projects and activities that challenge Middle School students, building a sense of confidence, community, and responsibility.
Components of the program include:
- Partnering with local and global organizations to identify ways students can make an impact on the greater community.
- An annual retreat focused on team-building, self-reliance, and self-awareness.
- The opportunity for students to educate their peers about what they are learning.
- Research combined with hands-on, project-based activities.
Program topics have included:
- Air Quality
- Biking and Walking
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Gardening and Local Farming
- Outdoor Education for Children
- Outdoor Recreation
- Park and Forest Protection
- Reuse, Recycling and Composition
- River and Water Protection
- Urban Environment Improvements