Lower School North Campus E-Learning plan
- April 1 Orientation
- Learning Engagement Hub - Resource Section of Portal
- Support Services
- Communicating with the Lower School Director
Orientation is a time to connect with the students and parents in the classroom community. Teachers will explain the basic communication format, expectations, contact information, daily schedule, and on-line tools. Everyone will participate in a fun activity!
April 1 Orientation Schedule:
|8:30 – 9:00 a.m.||Grade 5|
|9:00 – 9:30 a.m.||Grade 4|
|9:30 – 10:00 a.m.||Grade 3|
|10:00 – 10:30 a.m.||PK and K (parent and child)|
|10:30 – 11:00 a.m.||Grades 1 and 2 (parent and child)|
Lower School North faculty will use the Resource section of the grade-level homeroom teacher’s portal page as the learning engagement hub for remote learning. Lower School students will have 3-4 subjects a day and will operate on a M-F schedule. Daily lessons will be found in the daily folder and may include hands-on activities, worksheets, journals, videos, and web-based programs. The grade-level teacher will email families by 8:30 a.m. to share relevant information for that day with a link to the portal page. The grade-level homeroom teachers will hold a synchronous class meeting each day through Google Meet with specialist teachers joining on a rotating basis.
Lower School will operate on a Monday-Friday schedule.
- Grade level teachers, AEC-Math/LA, and Support Specialists will post lessons and assignments in the daily folder located in the Resource section of the portal page on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday by 8:30 a.m.
- Curriculum Specialists will post lessons and assignments in the daily folder located in the Resource section of the portal page on Tuesday or Thursday by 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday: Music grades 2 – 5, M&M PK – grade 1, Dance grades 2 – 5, Science K – grade 5, Art, Library
- Thursday: Science grades 3 – 5, Computer Science K – grade 5, P.E., World Languages.
- Students will have 3 – 4 classes a day. As a general guideline, each lesson may be expected to take up to 15 minutes for students PK, 15-20 minutes for students in K – grade 1, up to 30 minutes for students in grades 2 – 3, and up to 45 minutes for students in grades 4 – 5.
- Students are expected to complete assignments in a timeframe determined by the teacher.
- Grade-level teachers will hold a class meeting each day via Google Meet beginning April 2.
- The schedule for synchronous meetings with grade-level teachers beginning on April 2 (and specialists joining April 6) will be:
PK (9:00 – 9:15 a.m.)
K (9:30 – 9:45 a.m.)
First Grade (10:00 – 10:15 a.m.)
Second Grade (10:30 – 11:00 a.m.)
Third Grade (11:15 – 11:45 a.m.)
Fourth Grade (1:00 – 1:30 p.m.)
Fifth Grade (1:45 – 2:15 p.m.)
- Synchronous class meetings will be held each day PK – grade 5. Additional synchronous classes, small group, and individual student check-ins will be added and communicated by the teacher.
- The regular Friday Newsletter/Update will continue from grade-level classroom teachers.
- The divisional newsletter, North News, will be sent each Friday.
- Office hours for all faculty will be daily from 2:15 – 3:00 p.m. for general one-on-one student and parent communication.
- Grade-level, AEC, and Support Specialists will touch base with each student via Google Meet (grades 2 – 5) and/or by phone (PK – grade 2) to check-in weekly.
Attendance will be taken daily using Google Forms. We designed the Lower School remote learning classroom with flexibility in mind due to varying child care situations, parent work schedules, and knowing that our youngest students will need adult supervision.
We understand that not all students will be able to attend the synchronous class meetings. They will be recorded and available to students to view at another time.
If you have any questions about academic support or your child’s accommodations, contact Mrs. Nancy Patton.
AEC-Language Arts and Math teacher, Mrs. Kathy Dunlop, will conduct classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Class assignments will be posted in the daily folder of the grade-level teacher’s portal page.
Learning Specialist, Mrs. Tisa Schuit, will conduct classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Class assignments will be posted in the daily folder of the grade-level teacher’s portal page.