Van Transportation to the North Campus
Winchester Thurston School is committed to making both of its campuses accessible to students who live in school districts where transportation to WT is either unavailable or inconvenient. WT offers a van service, at an additional cost, that spans the greater Pittsburgh area.
For WT families, the cost for riding a van provided by WT is $3,400 annually per student for round-trip transportation or $1,700 annually per student for one-way transportation. WT vans are operated by WT drivers. If more than nine riders register for a van, WT may elect to contract with a bus company to provide transportation services.
We welcome families seeking transportation for a student enrolled at another private school; please contact the Transportation Coordinator at 412-578-7529 for more details and seat availability.
Following is a list of the van routes that are available for the 2018-2019 school year. Please note the following:
- Current stops are indicated; however, stops will be designated prior to the start of each new school year and are based on central pick-up locations in the geographic areas of riders.
- Transportation service in each area is offered based on demand. It is offered on a first-come, first-served basis, with each van having a maximum capacity of nine riders.
- Pick-up times are subject to change, based on rider registration and geographic locations.
Van Routes to/from the WT North Campus
Northern Suburbs (providing transportation to the WT North Campus)
This van route provides transportation for younger students attending the WT North Campus. The van will service students residing in various northern suburbs who require transportation to the WT North Campus only.
- For the morning trip, the van picks up students at Eat'n Park - Cranberry by 7:20 a.m. and travels directly to the WT North Campus.
- For the afternoon trip, the van departs the North Campus, drops off students at the New Community Church at 3:40 p.m., and returns students to Eat'n Park - Cranberry at approximately 3:50 p.m.
WT North Campus to WT City Campus
- This van currently departs from Paracca Interiors (1000 Pittsburgh Rd. (Rt. 8)) at 6:35 a.m., and then picks up students at the North Campus at 7:05 a.m., followed by a stop at Fairview Elementary School. It picks ups students at the Eat'n Park Waterworks by 7:20 a.m., and proceeds to the WT City Campus.
- For the afternoon trip, the van departs the WT City Campus and returns to the North Campus at approximately 3:50 p.m. It then travels to the final stop at Paracca Interiors at approximately 4:20 p.m.
Please contact the WT Transportation Coordinator at 412-578-7529 with questions or to register for transportation.