Van Transportation to the City Campus
Winchester Thurston School is committed to making both of its campuses accessible to students who live in school districts where transportation to WT is either unavailable or inconvenient. WT offers a van service, at an additional cost, that spans the greater Pittsburgh area.
For WT families, the cost for riding a van provided by WT is $3,400 annually per student for round-trip transportation or $1,700 annually per student for one-way transportation. WT vans are operated by WT drivers; if more than nine riders register for a van, WT may elect to contract with a bus company to provide transportation services.
We welcome families seeking transportation for a student enrolled at another private school; please contact the Transportation Coordinator at 412-578-7529 for more details and seat availability.
Following is a list of the van routes that are available for the 2019-2020 school year. Please note the following:
- Current stops are indicated; however, stops will be designated prior to the start of each new school year and are based on central pick-up locations in the geographic areas of riders.
- Transportation service in each area is offered based on demand. It is offered on a first-come, first-served basis, with each van having a maximum capacity of nine riders.
- Pick-up times and stops noted are estimated and also subject to change, based on rider registration and geographic locations.
- The van route may be canceled for the year if there are not sufficient riders for the route.
Van Routes to/from the WT City Campus
Northern Suburbs (providing transportation to the WT City Campus)
This van/bus currently serves, but is not limited to, students residing in the Pine Richland, South Butler, Southwest Butler, Quaker Valley, and Mars areas.
- For the morning trip, the van picks up students at the Evans City/I79 Park & Ride at approximately 6:40 a.m. It picks up students at the CHROME Credit Union (2601 Wexford Bayne Road) at approximately 7:10 a.m., and then travels directly to the City Campus.
- The afternoon trip returns students to the Eat'n Park parking lot at approximately 4:05 p.m. and at the Evans City/I79 Park & Ride at approximately 4:25 p.m.
Southern Suburbs (providing transportation to the WT City Campus)
This van currently services, but is not limited to, students residing in the McMurrray, Upper St. Clair, and Mt. Lebanon areas.
- For the morning trip, the van picks up students at Monterey & Alamo at approximately 6:30 a.m. It picks up students at Pinetree and Larchmont, departing by 6:50 a.m., has a stop at the intersection of Osage Road and Valleyview Road, departing by 7:00 a.m., picks up students at Virginia and Woodruff (Rite-Aid parking lot), travels to Kentucky Avenue School and then to the WT City Campus.
- The afternoon trip returns students to the Osage Road/Valleyview Road stop at approximately 3:55 p.m., and to Monterey & Alamo at approximately 4:20 p.m.
Eastern Suburbs (providing transportation to the WT City Campus)
This van currently services, but is not limited to, students residing in the Irwin, Greensburg, Murrysville, and Monroeville areas.
- For the morning trip, the van picks up students at the Shop ‘n’ Save in Murrysville at approximately 6:55 a.m., and at the PAT bus stop at the Churchill/Holland intersection at approximately 7:15 a.m. The van drops off students at The Ellis School and then travels to the WT City Campus.
- For the afternoon trip, the van drops off students at the Churchill/Holland intersection at approximately 3:45 p.m., and at the Shop ‘n’ Save in Murrysville at 4:05 p.m.
WT Lower School North Campus to WT Lower School City Campus
- This van currently departs from the WT North Campus at 7:05 a.m., followed by a stop at Fairview Elementary School, and proceeds to the WT City Campus.
- For the afternoon trip, the van departs the WT Lower School City Campus and returns to the WT North Campus at approximately 3:50 p.m. It then travels to the final stop at Target (Rt. 8 north of Rt. 910) at approximately 4:20 p.m.
Please contact the WT Transportation Coordinator at 412-578-7529 with questions or to register for transportation.