The Bears shined at the Class AA WPIAL Track and Field Championships. Their accolades include: five medals, three PIAA State Championship qualifiers, one WPIAL Champion, and a great effort by all:
Boys 3200 Meters
- Senior Patrick Malone, WPIAL Champion, PIAA State Qualifier
- Junior Lance Nicholls, medalist (third place), PIAA State Qualifier
- Senior Gus Robinson, tenth place
Girls 400 Meters
- Senior Nya Nicholson, medalist (fifth place), PIAA State Qualifier
Boys 1600 Meters
- Junior Lance Nicholls, medalist (fifth place), PIAA State Qualifier
- Senior Gus Robinson, medalist (sixth place)
Other Notable Performances
Freshman Charlotte Brake-Hoffman had a strong showing in two races, the 200-meter dash (27.17) and the 400-meter dash (62.79), as did WT's relay teams. The Girls 4 X 100 relay team, comprised of freshmen Charlotte Brake-Hoffman, and Kamili Wiley, sophomore Nadia Moore, and senior Nya Nicholson, finished with a time of 53.15, and the Girls 4 X 100 relay team, comprised of sophomore Helen Zhang, juniors Alexis Crowley and Mitra Nourbakhsh, and senior Janvier Lamont, finished with a time of 10:58.02.
Congratulations to all!