Marketing and Communications Intern
Winchester Thurston School, a Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 independent school in Pittsburgh, announces a search for a part-time Marketing and Communications Intern. WT is nationally recognized for innovative teaching, challenging academic programs, and inspiring campus settings. As a non-profit organization, the school advances its mission through Development, Communications, and Marketing initiatives. This part-time, project-based position would support those efforts.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will assist with writing, editing, proofreading, project coordination, and online communications (including creating emails, developing social media content, and refreshing the school website).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Inclusive mindset, considering all perspectives in decision-making
- Impeccable writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Knowledge and experience with social media, especially Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to work well independently
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Flexibility and ease in working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of, or experience with, Winchester Thurston School
This part-time role is not contract based and can be for several months or for the entire 2019-2020 school year. Ideally, the role will encompass 15-20 hours per week of work with a flexible week-day schedule.
Applicants should email in pdf format a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference "Marketing and Communications Intern" in the subject line of your email.
Winchester Thurston School is an equal opportunity employer. WT is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic community and strongly encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQ candidates, and women.