Van Transportation to the City Campus
Winchester Thurston School is committed to making both of its campuses accessible to students who live in school districts where transportation to WT is either unavailable or inconvenient. WT offers a van service, at an additional cost, that spans the greater Pittsburgh area.
For WT families, the cost for riding a van provided by WT is $3,400 annually per student for round-trip transportation or $1,700 annually per student for one-way transportation. WT vans are operated by WT drivers; if more than nine riders register for a van, WT may elect to contract with a bus company to provide transportation services.
We welcome families seeking transportation for a student enrolled at another private school; please contact the Transportation Coordinator at 412-578-7529 for more details and seat availability.
Following is a list of the van routes that are available for the 2017-2018 school year. Please note the following:
- Current stops are indicated; however, stops will be designated prior to the start of each new school year and are based on central pick-up locations in the geographic areas of riders.
- Transportation service in each area is offered based on demand. It is offered on a first-come, first-served basis, with each van having a maximum capacity of nine riders.
- Pick-up times and stops noted are estimated and also subject to change, based on rider registration and geographic locations.
- The van route may be cancelled for the year if there are not sufficient riders for the route.
Van Routes to/from the WT City Campus
Northern Suburbs (providing transportation to the WT City Campus)
This van/bus currently serves, but is not limited to, students residing in the Pine Richland, South Butler, Southwest Butler, Quaker Valley, and Mars areas.
- For the morning trip, the van picks up students at the Evans City/I79 Park & Ride at approximately 6:40 a.m. It picks up students at the Pittsburgh Central Credit Union (2601 Wexford Bayne Road) at approximately 7:10 a.m., and then travels directly to the City Campus.
- The afternoon trip returns students to the Pittsburgh Central Credit Union at approximately 4:05 p.m. and at the Evans City/I79 Park & Ride at approximately 4:25 p.m.
Southern Suburbs (providing transportation to the WT City Campus)
This van currently services, but is not limited to, students residing in the McMurrray, Upper St. Clair, and Mt. Lebanon areas.
- For the morning trip, the van picks up students at St. David’s Episcopal Church (905 East McMurray Road, Venetia), departing by 6:55 a.m. It picks up students at Markham Elementary School (165 Crescent Drive, Pittsburgh), departing by 7:10 a.m., has a final stop at the intersection of Osage Road and Valleyview Road, departing by 7:20 a.m., and then travels directly to the WT City Campus.
- The afternoon trip returns students to the Osage Road/Valleyview Road stop at approximately 3:45 p.m., to Markham Elementary School at approximately 3:55 p.m., and to St. David’s Episcopal Church, at approximately 4:15 p.m.
Eastern Suburbs (providing transportation to the WT City Campus)
This van currently services, but is not limited to, students residing in the Irwin, Greensburg, Murrysville, and Monroeville areas.
- For the morning trip, the van picks up students at Sheetz (North Thompson Avenue and Route 30, Irwin) at 6:35 a.m.; at the Shop ‘n’ Save in Murrysville at approximately 6:55 a.m., and at the PAT bus stop at the Churchill/Holland intersection at approximately 7:15 a.m. The van drops off students at The Ellis School and then travels to the WT City Campus.
- For the afternoon trip, the van drops off students at the Churchill/Holland intersection at approximately 3:45 p.m., at the Shop ‘n’ Save in Murrysville at 4:05 p.m., and then at the BP near the turnpike/Route 30 interchange at approximately 4:20 p.m.
WT North Hills Campus to WT City Campus
- This van currently departs from Paracca Interiors (1000 Pittsburgh Rd. (Rt. 8)) at 6:35 a.m., then picks up students at the WT North Hills Campus at 7:05 a.m. It picks up students at the Eat ‘N’ Park Waterworks by 7:20 a.m., arrives at The Ellis School before 8:00 a.m., and proceeds to the WT City Campus.
- For the afternoon trip, the van departs The Ellis School, travels to the WT City Campus, drops off students at the McCahill Park parking lot at approximately 3:35 p.m., and returns to the WT North Hills Campus at approximately 3:50 p.m. It then travels to Goodwill (Rtes. 8/910) at approximately 4:05 p.m., with the final stop at Paracca Interiors at approximately 4:20 p.m.
Please contact the WT Transportation Coordinator at 412-578-7529 with questions or to register for transportation.